Thu, 13 Jun|
Leas Cliff Hall
Cardiology in Practice: Ashford & South Kent Coast PLT
This interactive session will address many daily practice challenges to improve overall heart failure and cardiology management.
Time & Location
13 Jun 2019, 13:00 – 17:00
Leas Cliff Hall, The Leas, Folkestone CT20 2DZ, UK
About the Event
Heart Failure poses many challenges around prevention, diagnosis, optimal management and palliation as a Long Term Condition. Despite advances in management with evidence based approaches our local practice is variable. The resultant suffering for patients, poor professional satisfaction and sub-optimal usage of shared resources regardless of roles of settings.
This session will cover:
- What does our local Heart Failure data indicate in terms of key challenges?
- How can we prevent and diagnose Heart Failure well in a busy practice?
- What key clinical skills, diagnostics, tools, guidelines and work up help us all?
- Why are many of our patients on suboptimal therapy and how can we improve this?
- What will the new Cardiology Pathway mean for our patients and professionals?
- How can the community pharmacists and other supportive MDT help?
- Are you making the most of our community heart failure nurses and mutual support?
- Heart Failure exacerbations, inter current illness and end stage HF: What can help?
- What are the latest advances in Heart failure management?
- And many other issues you will bring on the day!